An important part of a successful move is careful and appropriate packing. Proper wrapping, padding, and boxing procedures are vital to protect your belongings throughout the move. "Breeze" Movers & Freight offers a full range of packing and unpacking services. To accommodate our customers’ needs, trained professional packers are able to assist with as much or as little of the packing and unpacking process as necessary.
Many people pack themselves, which can be a great way to economize your move. To help you pack as safely and efficiently as possible, we have assembled a few tips to make your packing easier.
- Do not over pack boxes a good rule is "the heavier the item, the smaller the box." Be sure to completely fill every box. Partially full boxes lead to crushing and unnecessary damages.
- Start packing the items you will not need, in advance.
- Important legal documents, valuables, and family medical records should be personally transported.
- By law, a moving company cannot transport hazardous materials such as gasoline, bottled gases and other flammables, ammunition and explosives, cleaning fluids, and detergents.
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same boxes.
- Put detailed labels on tops and sides of all boxes.
- Pack an essential box of things that you will need immediately at your new home and make sure it is loaded last on the truck so that the contents will be immediately available at your new home.
- Pack and unpack breakables over a padded surface if you do drop an item, it will land on some packing material, minimizing the chance of breakage.
- Lampshades and fine china should not be packed in newspaper, since the ink can permanently stain these items.
- Boxes must always be taped rather than interlocking the ends together.
- Be sure to tape the bottom of the box well.
Boxes (We Sell Packing Supplies and Boxes) delivered to your door at no extra charge (minimum order required).
Sometimes in an effort to save money, people attempt to recycle produce boxes and supplies around the house. Beware; produce boxes often become weakened from the moisture of transportation or product spoilage. Additionally, they sometimes house insects that can infect your new dwelling.
Another common moving error is using duct tape rather than packing tape. Duct tape does not adhere well to corrugate cardboard. The contents of duct-taped boxes may fall through the bottom for this reason.
Wonder how many boxes you might need? This handy box guide can help.
|Number of Bedrooms
|Dish Pack Boxes
Hiring A Mover
Selecting a moving company is a huge decision. This is not a time to be shy. Make sure you fully understand the services the mover is offering, and the rate at which those services will be provided. Because there are state and, in many cases, local regulations, it is also wise to check with your state’s moving and storage association to learn the regulations that apply to movers in your area.
To help you fairly compare the services and benefits of the moving companies you are considering, we have prepared a list of questions to ask each of the moving companies that you are considering.
- Is the moving company licensed?
- Does the company charge by the piece or by the hour?
- Do they have a minimum charge?
- How are you charged after the minimum is met—in 15-minute increments or every half hour?
- How much extra do they charge for larger items such as pianos, large screen televisions, or extra flights of stairs?
- Do they charge for the travel time from their office to your home?
- Do they charge extra for evenings or weekends?
- What types of payment options do they offer? (Many companies require a deposit.)
- How well are the movers trained and how much moving experience do they have?
- What type of insurance do they carry for your belongings ?
- What kind of cancellation policy do they offer? (You should always be able to cancel or postpone until a few days before your move.)
- Do they have regular workers or do they use day laborers?
- Do they have a contact number for the day of the move should challenges arise?
- Do they give you a firm move time or an hourly window?
- What type of moving equipment is on the trucks?
- Do they offer suggestions on how to make the move easier?
- Movers who care about customer service and making your move a good experience will do all they can to help you.
Get Online Quote NOW!